[ jedit-Feature Requests-1603033 ] modified-date filter for Search in Directory

[ jedit-Feature Requests-1603033 ] modified-date filter for Search in Directory

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1603033, was opened at 2006-11-25 23:11
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by stanberka
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350588&aid=1603033&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: v4.3

Initial Comment:
Hi,
I'm using jEdit eveyday, and one of the many things I use it for is Search in Directory.  However, the search is slow if there are many files there.  I'd to see a filter using the modified date of file.  Actually, I'm happy to do it myself, I you help me with pointers.

Details: It would require to date fields on the SearchDialog ("from" and "to"), precisely on the MutliFilePanel (I'm thinking of moving the "Directory" field above the "File Name" filter and below fit the fields and labels for the new filter).  I'm also not sure of which classes the dates should be passed to.  Is it the SearchAndReplace?

Please, tell me what do you think of this idea.  And which version of the source code I should use to start with?  Is it in CVs or SVN?

Date: 2006-11-26 12:21

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=615064
Originator: YES

Thanks.  Good idea.  I'll work on adding the feature to XSearch and then
we'll see where we go from there.

Comment By: Alan Ezust (ezust)
Date: 2006-11-26 05:30

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=935841
Originator: NO

For people who want to add features to the search/replace, we often leave
the built-in search dialog alone and add such features to the XSearch
plugin, which has code which is very similar to, but completely separated
from, jedit core.

If you want to add such a feature to XSearch, I have no problems with
that. After it works, we can discuss moving it into the built-in search
dialog too.