[ jEdit-users ] todo.txt plugin anywhere?

[ jEdit-users ] todo.txt plugin anywhere?

Robert H
I am looking to use jEdit to take notes and I currently use the super simple todo.txt way but I'd like to use jEdit for this too.

https://github.com/ginatrapani/todo.txt-cli/wiki/The-Todo.txt-Format

--
Bob

Re: [ jEdit-users ] todo.txt plugin anywhere?

FORREST EVANS
Have you looked at the "TaskList" plugin?

Forrest

On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 12:24 -0400, sigzero wrote:
I am looking to use jEdit to take notes and I currently use the super simple todo.txt way but I'd like to use jEdit for this too.

https://github.com/ginatrapani/todo.txt-cli/wiki/The-Todo.txt-Format

Re: [ jEdit-users ] todo.txt plugin anywhere?

Eric Berry
Administrator
I have a todo.txt mode file on my home machine. I'll upload it to the daily build site a little later.

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 9:50 AM, FORREST EVANS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you looked at the "TaskList" plugin?

Forrest

On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 12:24 -0400, sigzero wrote:
I am looking to use jEdit to take notes and I currently use the super simple todo.txt way but I'd like to use jEdit for this too.

https://github.com/ginatrapani/todo.txt-cli/wiki/The-Todo.txt-Format

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Work towards the future.
Blog: http://eric-berry.blogspot.com
jEdit <http://www.jedit.org> - Programmer's Text Editor

Re: [ jEdit-users ] todo.txt plugin anywhere?

Eric Berry
Administrator
Sorry for the late followup.

I've uploaded my todo.xml mode file to the daily build server:
http://www.tellurianring.com/projects/jedit-daily/

To Install:
  1. Download the todo.xml file
  2. Save/move/copy it into your [jedit-settings-dir]/modes
    1. Easy way to see this is in jEdit. Use "Utilities" -> "Settings Directory" -> "modes"
  3. Edit the catalog found in the "modes" directory (step 2)
    1. Add a new mode entry for "todo". I've added a comment at the top of the todo.xml file with the correct syntax.
  4. You shouldn't need to, but you might want to restart jEdit.

After that, any filename ending with "todo.txt" or ".todo" will be loaded in the todo syntax.

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM, sigzero <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nice Dale! Thanks for the pointer - I never knew this was there. There is indeed a way to do this through the jEdit Global Options.

"Global Options" -> "Editing" -> "Edit Modes" Tab.

Mode Name: "todo"
File Name Glob: "{*todo.txt,*.todo}"

Cheers,
Eric