[ jEdit-users ] jEdit window does not come up on second monitor (Windows)

[ jEdit-users ] jEdit window does not come up on second monitor (Windows)

Jarvis, Bob-2

I’m running 5.4 on Windows 7 where I normally have jEdit up on my second monitor. When I was using 5.1 (up until last week) jEdit it would start up on my second monitor just fine. After changing to 5.4 last week I now find that jEdit always comes up on my primary monitor, although it was on my second monitor when closed. This happens regardless of whether I stop the jEdit server or boot the machine between the time that I close and restart jEdit – it always comes up on the primary monitor. This is, I’ll grant you, a minor issue with a great piece of software, but it is kind of annoying. I don’t know if the same behavior occurs on multi-monitor setups with other OS’s as this is the only multi-monitor machine I have.

Thanks,

Bob

cid:ii_14b3b7f7ec8d3ab3
Bob Jarvis
Senior Programming Analyst
[hidden email]

p 330.665.6056  | 375 Ghent Rd.

f  330.665.6266  | Akron, OH 44333

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communications in error, please immediately notify us by telephone (330-668-5000), and destroy the original message. Thank you.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] jEdit window does not come up on second monitor (Windows)

Jarvis, Bob-2

Well, following the rule of “leave it alone and maybe it’ll fix itself” – starting yesterday jEdit began opening on my second monitor, where I normally keep it positioned. I have no idea why this began working as expected/desired – I don’t believe I did anything different when starting or shutting down jEdit, but now it’s doing what I want.