Quantcast

[ jEdit-users ] errorList pluggin problem

[ jEdit-users ] errorList pluggin problem

Radu Cernuta
Hello,

I've used JEdit before and was very happy with it.

Now I'm a bit rusty and just installed it after a really long break,
trying to get some of the wheels to move again and the ErrorList
pluggin seems to not be working. I did install it, I made it appear in
the bottom dock, but it does nothing. No error or warning messages in
the list, no error highlighting in the files, no error icons in the
gutter, nothing.

The Console does work, but i have to look every javac error up by the
line number.

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Radu

Re: [ jEdit-users ] errorList pluggin problem

ErrorList displays errors from various places, so it depends on what your error source is.
What programming language is it you are editing?
What plugin is the source of the errors ? Console? Java? XML?

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Radu Cernuta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I've used JEdit before and was very happy with it.

Now I'm a bit rusty and just installed it after a really long break,
trying to get some of the wheels to move again and the ErrorList
pluggin seems to not be working. I did install it, I made it appear in
the bottom dock, but it does nothing. No error or warning messages in
the list, no error highlighting in the files, no error icons in the
gutter, nothing.

The Console does work, but i have to look every javac error up by the
line number.

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Radu

Re: [ jEdit-users ] errorList pluggin problem

Assuming you are talking about Console's parsing of error messages from your System Shell,
then you can take a look at what errors are being parsed by going to
Plugin Options - Console - Error Patterns. If you do a factory reset, you will see all of the presets.
Then you can remove the ones you don't use.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Alan Ezust <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the answer!

The ErrorPatterns option was empty for some reason. Did the factory
reset and it works.