Quantcast

[ jEdit-users ] Project switch

Zoltán Kócsi
Is there a way to tell jEdit to save the list of currently open files
under a project name, then open a bunch of other files from an other
project?

For example, say I'm working on project 'foo' and have about 20 files
open. Now I need to fix something in project 'bar', so I'd like jEdit
to save the list of files which I have open (and hopefully the
positions and other assorted meta-info), then close them all and then
open all the files I had open last time I was working on project 'bar'.
After I finished with 'bar' the of course I'd like to switch back to
'foo' the same painless way.

That is, I'm looking for some 'swap to project x' command.

If there's no ready-made solution, then I'd be happy to write a short
javabeans script to do it but I'm no java programmer and know pretty
much nothing about the inner workings of jEdit, so any and all help in
that regards would be most welcome. I wrote very simple control scripts
to customise a couple of things, but that's all.

Thanks,

Zoltan

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Project switch

First, go to plugin options - projectviewer - general - check "remember open files", and check "close files on project change".

To bind a shortcut to switch to a particular project, go to
Global Options - Shortcuts - ProjectViewer Project Switchers