[ jEdit-users ] Project Viewer opens an empty buffer

[ jEdit-users ] Project Viewer opens an empty buffer

Jean-Baptiste FAURE-2
Hi,

I do not know if that is a new config option I didn't find or a bug:
each time I switch from a project to another, JEdit 5.5.pre1 open a new
empty buffer in addition to the previously opened files. More precisely
it opens a new empty buffer if there is no opened file that is not part
of the current project and part of the project I want to open. If there
is an alien file opened, it does not open an empty buffer.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Best regards.
--
Jean-Baptiste FAURE
Irstea http://www.irstea.fr - Unité de Recherche Hydrologie-Hydraulique

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Project Viewer opens an empty buffer

Ignore the previous message. It is not fixed yet.  I will look into it.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Project Viewer opens an empty buffer

So a new untitled buffer is automatically created when the last buffer is closed in the view.
To ensure that there is *a* buffer open.
Then ProjectViewer opens the files in its project after that.

I guess when you have the alien file open, then the number of open buffers never reaches 0 when it closes the open files from the previous project, so the untitled buffer is not auto-created in this case.

Is this something that just started happening in jEdit 5.5pre1 or was it always like this?

Le 16/06/2017 à 16:59, Alan Ezust a écrit :
> It's fixed in today's daily build.

Indeed :-)
Thank you very much !

Best regards.