Quantcast

[ jEdit-users ] Plugins mirrors

Jim Byrnes-4
I just installed jEdit from the the Ubuntu repositories on my new 16.04
system. I am trying to install the same plugins I was using on my 14.04
system. I managed to install 3 plugins, but now get a popup messages
telling me an error occurred and to use a different mirror. I've since
tried a dozen different mirrors in 4 countries and always get this error
message.

Is the entire mirrors system broken or do I have something wrong on my end?

Regards,  Jim

Training and support from Colfax.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Plugins mirrors

Andrew Sowerby
Hi Jim,

This appears to be a problem on jEdit's side, because I'm seeing the same issue on both my Windows 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 machines. This has happened before, but usually would have been resolved within a few hours. I'd just give it more time.

- Andrew

On 9 January 2017 at 19:34, jim <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just installed jEdit from the the Ubuntu repositories on my new 16.04
system. I am trying to install the same plugins I was using on my 14.04
system. I managed to install 3 plugins, but now get a popup messages
telling me an error occurred and to use a different mirror. I've since
tried a dozen different mirrors in 4 countries and always get this error
message.

Is the entire mirrors system broken or do I have something wrong on my end?

Regards,  Jim

Training and support from Colfax.

Training and support from Colfax.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Plugins mirrors

Vampire-3

the mirrors system on SourceForge apparently got changed, so that not
every file is present on all mirrors anymore if they are not
downloaded regularly I guess.
There are files that are acutally only available on one mirror.
With the next release of jEdit (5.4.0) which will probably come out
soon, I changed the logic of how the files are downloaded, so it
should always work and fall back to a mirror that has the file in
question present.
You can either use a nightly build as of tomorrow, or wait for 5.4.0.

In the meantime you can either
- take the plugin JARs from your old jEdit installation as Andrew
suggested if you still have them available or
- try using the "Plugin Center default" which should always use a
mirror that has the file in question available or
- as last resort go to http://plugins.jedit.org and download the
plugin manually, this also always works

Regards
Björn