[ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

[ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

Edward Diener-3
When I have a file open in jedit I sometimes want to open a console
window in Linux with the directory of the file set as the current directory.

Is there a quick way to do that with jedit ?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap1

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

from console, you can type this:

cd $d

$d is the current buffer's directory.

http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/Console/#env-vars

On 5/5/2013 8:50 PM, Alan Ezust wrote:
> from console, you can type this:
>
> cd $d
>
> $d is the current buffer's directory.
>
> http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/Console/#env-vars

Appreciated !

http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap1

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

Robert Schwenn-2
If You want console to always change to current buffer's directory automatically, have a look at this macro.
Note that You would have to set a property manually (look at file header).

Robert

On 5/6/2013 1:53 PM, Robert Schwenn wrote:
> If You want console to always change to current buffer's directory
> automatically, have a look at this macro
> <http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/3129>.
> Note that You would have to set a property manually (look at file header).

I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox tab as
if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file from the
link. Any ideas ?

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

Jim Byrnes-4
On 05/07/2013 06:59 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> On 5/6/2013 1:53 PM, Robert Schwenn wrote:
>> If You want console to always change to current buffer's directory
>> automatically, have a look at this macro
>> <http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/3129>.
>> Note that You would have to set a property manually (look at file header).
>
> I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
> click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox tab as
> if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file from the
> link. Any ideas ?

I use Firefox but on Linux.  Try right-clicking on the link.  Then
choose 'save link as" from the pop up menu.  At that point it should pop
up a file dialog allowing you to save it.

Regards,  Jim

On 5/7/2013 8:42 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:

> On 05/07/2013 06:59 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 5/6/2013 1:53 PM, Robert Schwenn wrote:
>>> If You want console to always change to current buffer's directory
>>> automatically, have a look at this macro
>>> <http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/3129>.
>>> Note that You would have to set a property manually (look at file header).
>>
>> I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
>> click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox tab as
>> if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file from the
>> link. Any ideas ?
>>

> I use Firefox but on Linux.  Try right-clicking on the link.  Then
> choose 'save link as" from the pop up menu.  At that point it should pop
> up a file dialog allowing you to save it.

When I do that it asks me if I want to save 'Wx3vMXX8.htm.part.htm'.
That can't be right, can it ?

On 05/08/2013 05:48 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> On 5/7/2013 8:42 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
>>> click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox tab as
>>> if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file from the
>>> link. Any ideas ?
>>>

>> I use Firefox but on Linux.  Try right-clicking on the link.  Then
>> choose 'save link as" from the pop up menu.  At that point it should pop
>> up a file dialog allowing you to save it.
>
> When I do that it asks me if I want to save 'Wx3vMXX8.htm.part.htm'.
> That can't be right, can it ?

It looks weird but I just tried it and when looking at it in jEdit it
appears to be a macro.  Look in its comments, I'm guessing you should
rename it before you try to use it.

Regards,  Jim

> "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and
> their applications. This 200-page book is written by three acclaimed
> leaders in the field. The early access version is available now.
> Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/neotech_d2d_may

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

FORREST EVANS
You can download the macro directly from Jedit if you install the "Macro Manager" plugin. Select the "Download macros" option of the plugin and search for "Synchronize".

Thanks,
Forrest

Not sent from an iDevice.

On 05/08/2013 05:48 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> On 5/7/2013 8:42 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
>>> click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox
>>> tab as if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file
>>> from the link. Any ideas ?
>>>

>> I use Firefox but on Linux.  Try right-clicking on the link.  Then
>> choose 'save link as" from the pop up menu.  At that point it should
>> pop up a file dialog allowing you to save it.
>
> When I do that it asks me if I want to save 'Wx3vMXX8.htm.part.htm'.
> That can't be right, can it ?

It looks weird but I just tried it and when looking at it in jEdit it appears to be a macro.  Look in its comments, I'm guessing you should rename it before you try to use it.

Regards,  Jim

> -------- Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph
> Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
> applications. This 200-page book is written by three acclaimed leaders
> in the field. The early access version is available now.
> Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/neotech_d2d_may

Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. This 200-page book is written by three acclaimed leaders in the field. The early access version is available now.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

Robert Schwenn-2
No idea. I'm sure that Isuccessfully tried to download after my upload...

Anyway, I would wait for the integrated feature in console plugin.
Thanks to Alan!

Robert

> I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
> click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox tab as
> if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file from the
> link. Any ideas ?

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

Robert Schwenn-2
Hmm,
just tried again and it worked - seems to be somewhat random.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

If you want to try it now, you can download the version I am testing directly from my
~/.jedit/jars folder:

http://lazarus.oddiofile.com/jars/Console.jar

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Robert Schwenn <[hidden email]> wrote:
No idea. I'm sure that Isuccessfully tried to download after my upload...

Anyway, I would wait for the integrated feature in console plugin.
Thanks to Alan!

Robert

> I can't seem to download the macro using Firefox under Windows. If I
> click on the 'download' link it opens the file in another Firefox tab as
> if it were a text file. It does not allow me to save the file from the
> link. Any ideas ?

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Open console window with directory of a file

Robert Schwenn-2
I tried it. The only issue is: If jEdit starts up with at least one file open, console hasn't followed current buffer's directory yet.
Aside from that it works well (Windows XP).

Thanks,
Robert