[ jEdit-users ] Multiple views and files

[ jEdit-users ] Multiple views and files

Edward Diener-3
I notice that when I have multiple views open, if I open a file in one
view that same file is opened in all my views. I would like each view to
have its own files opened. Is that possible in jEdit and if so what do I
need to set as an option to achive this ?

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Multiple views and files

Dale Anson-3
That is controlled by the options in Utilities - Global Options - View, the section about BufferSet scope. You probably have it set to 'global' and it sounds like you want it set to either 'view' or 'editpane'. The help file goes into some detail about the different scopes:
  1. Global: Includes all buffers open from any EditPane.

  3. EditPane: Each EditPane can have its own independent BufferSet.

On 8/23/2016 9:05 AM, Dale Anson wrote:

> That is controlled by the options in Utilities - Global Options - View,
> the section about BufferSet scope. You probably have it set to 'global'
> and it sounds like you want it set to either 'view' or 'editpane'. The
> help file goes into some detail about the different scopes:
>
>  1.
>
>     *Global*: Includes all buffers open from any EditPane.
>
>  2.
>
>     *View*: EditPanes in the same View share the same BufferSet. Opening
>     a buffer in one View will not affect the other views.
>
>  3.
>
>     *EditPane*: Each EditPane can have its own independent BufferSet.

Thanks ! That is what I thought also but it initially did no work. Now
when I try it it does work. Maybe I had to restart the jEdit server upon
reboot to get it to work.