[ jEdit-users ] File Compare feature?

Kat Leffler

Wondering if I am just missing something, can’t seem to find help doc on how to compare the content of two files and get the differences in jEdit.

Anyone have some direction for me on this?

Thanks

Kat Leffler

  | Technical Business Analyst

[hidden email] | radioeng.com

http://sdm.link/attshape

image001.jpg (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ jEdit-users ] File Compare feature?

Thomas Morley

> Wondering if I am just missing something, can’t seem to find help doc on how to compare the content of two files and get the differences in jEdit.
>

> Anyone have some direction for me on this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kat Leffler

There's the jDiff Plugin, highlighting the differences.

Is it what you want?

Cheers,
  Harm

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: [ jEdit-users ] File Compare feature?

Kat Leffler
Actually that did.
Too bad it was an XML file and every line was highlighted as having a difference.
I set it to ignore all whitespace, case, line breaks, but no change.
*sigh* Back to it!

Thanks
Kat Leffler
  | Technical Business Analyst
[hidden email] | radioeng.com
p: 402.339.2200 x288 | m: 402.203.3895 | f: 402.339.1704

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named and may contain privileged, confidential or otherwise protected information from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies.  Your e-mail message is not private and is subject to review by the Company, its officers, and employees.  E-mail sent through the internet is not secure nor accepted by us as official notification for any reason.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect those of REI.

> Wondering if I am just missing something, can’t seem to find help doc on how to compare the content of two files and get the differences in jEdit.
>

> Anyone have some direction for me on this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kat Leffler

There's the jDiff Plugin, highlighting the differences.

Is it what you want?

Cheers,
  Harm
http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: [ jEdit-users ] File Compare feature?

maxwell
On 2016-07-05 14:38, Kat Leffler wrote:
> Actually that did.
> Too bad it was an XML file and every line was highlighted as having a
> difference.
> I set it to ignore all whitespace, case, line breaks, but no change.
> *sigh* Back to it!

I use the diff plugin with XML all the time, successfully--and like you,
with whitespace etc. turned off.  After you turned those settings off
(or on, since it's "ignore"), did you do "Refresh diff"?

    Mike Maxwell

http://sdm.link/attshape