[ jEdit-users ] Error when opening a markdown file type

[ jEdit-users ] Error when opening a markdown file type

Edward Diener-3
When I open a markdown file type called README.md I gert these messages:

An error occurred while parsing C:\Program Files\jEdit
5.3.1\modes\markdown.xml, line <unknown>: Invalid delegate: html::JAVASCRIPT

An error occurred while parsing C:\Program Files\jEdit
5.3.1\modes\markdown.xml, line <unknown>: Invalid delegate: html::TAGS

The file does open and I can proceed to edit it and use the Markdown
plug-in to render the markdown as HTML or view it in a browser.

Anybody know what this is about ? This is jedit 5.3.1 from one of the
daily builds.

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Error when opening a markdown file type

Graham Hannington
Sorry, I can't help you with that error.

While you're waiting for an answer to your question...

I love jEdit, but for editing Markdown, in recent times, I have been using
Atom editor with the Markdown Preview package:

https://atom.io/packages/markdown-preview

This renders the Markdown as HTML in a pane next to the source, (There's
also a "Markdown Preview Plus" package.)

In some other cases, I use an HTML file that uses the markdown-it
JavaScript library to render the Markdown. The following example gets and
then renders the Markdown file specified by the URL in the query string:

http://codepen.io/GrahamHannington/pen/XKWvep/?https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fundisoftware/linter-vnu/master/README.md

Graham Hannington

Fundi Software Pty Ltd  2016  ABN 89 009 120 290