Quantcast

[ jEdit-users ] Disable Syntax Highlighting

[ jEdit-users ] Disable Syntax Highlighting

Jesse Pavel
Hello,

Is there any way to

1. Disable syntax highlighting globally

  or

2. Open a file in a specific mode

The issue I have comes from some HTML and CSS files that, by virtue of being "one long line", pretty much hang jedit as it tries to parse them. If I alter the mode globs to open the files in text mode, I can edit them. But this messes with mode detection globally, so I'm hoping there's a better.

Thanks,
Jesse

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Disable Syntax Highlighting

Jesse Pavel
Thanks - where is the determination for what is a "large file" made? I looked through the source for instances of the "largefilemode" property, but didn't quite grok it.

Perhaps it's something else that pegs jEdit when I open these files. One is a minified Javascript file [1] that has 83K on one line -- is that something that one couldn't reasonably expect to open, even with syntax highlighting disabled?

Thanks,
Jesse