[ jEdit-users ] Creating a plugin for jEdit...helper plugin?

[ jEdit-users ] Creating a plugin for jEdit...helper plugin?

Robert H
Is there a plugin that facilitates creating a new plugin? Creates stub files, project layout etc.?

I have some ideas for a todo.txt plugin that I want to move forward on.

--
Bob

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Creating a plugin for jEdit...helper plugin?

Robert H
I can look into that too.  :)

I didn't want to play in another persons plugin domain but if it makes sense, sure.

--
Bob

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Dale Anson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would it make sense to build your todo.txt plugin into the TaskList plugin? If so, then the plugin framework is already done and it would just be a matter of adding the new stuff for todo.txt files.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:29 AM, sigzero <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a plugin that facilitates creating a new plugin? Creates stub files, project layout etc.?

I have some ideas for a todo.txt plugin that I want to move forward on.

--
Bob

Re: [ jEdit-users ] Creating a plugin for jEdit...helper plugin?

Hello Bob,

Users improving existing plugins is always encouraged.
Nobody 'owns' a single plugin anymore in any case. It's usually just about finding whoever contributed to it most recently.
It's also a good way to learn the plugin API - starting out with an existing plugin. That's how I got into jEdit development.
As for which plugin is the most appropriate to add a feature, it is often good to ask like you did first, to determine which plugin.
And in this case, the tasklist and the todo stuff look closely related to me.