[ jEdit-devel ] new settings pane: search and replace

[ jEdit-devel ] new settings pane: search and replace

Jarekczek
Administrator
Hey

I suggest adding a new option pane in global settings: Search and
Replace. I already see several switches that could appear on that pane:

- don't synchronize filter -
http://jedit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jedit?view=revision&revision=21969
- find next on doubleclick -
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3035085&group_id=588&atid=300588
- prompt for disabling undo -
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3529803&group_id=588&atid=300588

Probably more search and replace customization could be put in this
pane, allowing for more functionality without overloading main search
dialog. This would allow to develop jedit in direction that was usually
blocked by opinions: "I don't like that option to be in the (tight)
search dialog". The search dialog could be extended dynamically by
settings in this pane. For example:

- show "Find First" button -
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3415899&group_id=588&atid=350588

Jarek