[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Vaclav Votipka

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Alan Ezust-2
  • status: open --> closed
  • Group: -->
  • Comment:

Go to Plugin Options - XML - uncheck "Validate if DTD or Schema is available."

[...]

Thanks for the quick reply.
Proposed solution disables validation at all. It is not a required behavior.

I want to keep validation according to XML Schema but disable validation according to DTD.
The comment

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

works exactly in this way but I need to put this comment to every XML file.
I want to have possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis (and keep XML Schema validation).

See http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation for better difference description between

:xml.validate=false:

and

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Tue Sep 13, 2016 02:55 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

  • status: closed --> open

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Tue Sep 13, 2016 07:59 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

what if you put the following line into your properties file (from the jedit settings directory)?

buffer.xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:34 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

or from the beanshell: jEdit.setProperty("buffer.xml.validate.ignore-dtd", true);

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:44 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Eric Le Lay-2
  • assigned_to: Eric Le Lay
  • Comment:

Yes! It works. I didn't know that buffer properties where cascaded to jEdit properties (it makes total sense).

I'll add a checkbox in the XML option pane for that.

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:46 PM UTC
Owner: Eric Le Lay

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Eric Le Lay-2
  • status: open --> pending
  • Comment:

Done in [r24539].
You can get a (java8) pre-release from http://cloudy.elelay.fr/dropbox/2016-09-14-XML-pfr-378.tbz2

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Wed Sep 14, 2016 07:24 AM UTC
Owner: Eric Le Lay

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Vaclav Votipka

I can confirm that the pre-release version of XML plugin works well and it fullfils my request.
Thank you very much

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Wed Sep 14, 2016 08:00 AM UTC
Owner: Eric Le Lay

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable DTD validation on global basis in XML plugin. Now it can be done on a per-buffer basis by

:xml.validate.ignore-dtd=true:

comment in XML file (see http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/XML/#customizing-validation). It works well but in our team the majority of developers is using other editors then jEdit and they don't want to have any jEdit specific comments in XML files (which is quite understandable).

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #378 XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Eric Le Lay-2
  • status: pending --> closed-fixed

[plugin-feature-requests:#378] XML plugin: Disable DTD validation on global basis

Group:
Labels: XML
Created: Tue Sep 13, 2016 09:29 AM UTC by Vaclav Votipka
Last Updated: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:14 AM UTC
Owner: Eric Le Lay