[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #334 Alternate console shells

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #334 Alternate console shells

Steve

[plugin-feature-requests:#334] Alternate console shells

Labels: Console
Created: Mon Jan 13, 2014 07:34 PM UTC by Steve
Last Updated: Mon Jan 13, 2014 07:34 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

I would love to have the ability to define additional shells for the Console plug-in. For example, there are some projects where I wish my shell were the MSys console. Others I wish it were the Dismal Studio console. It seem like it would be possible to let someone add a shell to the pull-down, and customize their new shell with the command line or a path to a shell executable for that shell. The system shell has this latter, but it seems to be all or none. I would want the ability to define several and choose in the Project Viewer which of my custom shells to use for a given project.

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #334 Alternate console shells

If I added a "Shell Prefix" field to the Console project options, allowing you to override it on a project basis, that would satisfy your feature request, correct?

[plugin-feature-requests:#334] Alternate console shells

Labels: Console
Created: Mon Jan 13, 2014 07:34 PM UTC by Steve
Last Updated: Tue Jan 14, 2014 06:00 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

I would love to have the ability to define additional shells for the Console plug-in. For example, there are some projects where I wish my shell were the MSys console. Others I wish it were the Dismal Studio console. It seem like it would be possible to let someone add a shell to the pull-down, and customize their new shell with the command line or a path to a shell executable for that shell. The system shell has this latter, but it seems to be all or none. I would want the ability to define several and choose in the Project Viewer which of my custom shells to use for a given project.

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] Re: #334 Alternate console shells

Steve

Yes, I think that would work nicely, and is what I was looking for when I realized that the console project options wasn't displaying properly, as documented in plugin bug tracker 1770. :-)

[plugin-feature-requests:#334] Alternate console shells

Labels: Console
Created: Mon Jan 13, 2014 07:34 PM UTC by Steve
Last Updated: Tue Jan 14, 2014 06:03 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

I would love to have the ability to define additional shells for the Console plug-in. For example, there are some projects where I wish my shell were the MSys console. Others I wish it were the Dismal Studio console. It seem like it would be possible to let someone add a shell to the pull-down, and customize their new shell with the command line or a path to a shell executable for that shell. The system shell has this latter, but it seems to be all or none. I would want the ability to define several and choose in the Project Viewer which of my custom shells to use for a given project.

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-feature-requests] #334 Console Project Option: System Shell Prefix override

  • summary: Alternate console shells --> Console Project Option: System Shell Prefix override

[plugin-feature-requests:#334] Console Project Option: System Shell Prefix override

Labels: Console
Created: Mon Jan 13, 2014 07:34 PM UTC by Steve
Last Updated: Tue Jan 14, 2014 07:30 PM UTC
Owner: Alan Ezust