[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

Eric Le Lay-2

[plugin-central-submission:#1023] XML 3.0.6

Group: None
Created: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC by Eric Le Lay
Last Updated: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

{{{ XML 3.0.6
Source: Source code is in SVN with the tag release-3.0.6
Announcement: bug fix release + hyperlinks on entity references
Requires Java 1.7
Requires jEdit 05.02.00.00
Required plugins:
Antlr 4.5.1 (antlr.AntlrPlugin)
Common Controls 1.7.4 (CommonControlsPlugin)
EclipseIcons 1.0 (eclipseicons.EclipseIconsPlugin)
ErrorList 2.3 (errorlist.ErrorListPlugin)
SideKick 1.8 (sidekick.SideKickPlugin)
XercesPlugin 2.9.1 (xerces.XercesPlugin)
Optional plugins:
Beauty 0.9 (beauty.BeautyPlugin)
Hyperlinks 1.1.0 (gatchan.jedit.hyperlinks.HyperlinksPlugin)
Templates 4.1.2 (templates.TemplatesPlugin)

Short Description: The XML plugin provides features for editing XML, HTML, JavaScript JSON, and CSS files. For XML files, it does validation against a DTD, XSD, or RNG. For all languages, it displays element trees in the SideKick dockable. For XML, HTML5 and CSS3, you get completion popups for elements, attributes, and entities.

Long Description: <html>

The XML plugin provides a SideKick tree structure browser for editing XML, HTML, CSS, JSON, and JavaScript files, and completion for XML, HTML5 and CSS3.

Matching tag actions, pretty-printing, graphical editing of tag attributes and conversion of special characters to entities and vice versa are supported for both XML and HTML files.

XML files are validated against their DTD, XSD, or RNG. Validation errors are shown in the Error List.

}}}

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-central-submission/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

Townsfolk
  • status: open --> pending
  • assigned_to: Townsfolk
  • Comment:

I'm getting a compile error:

[jp.javac] Compiling 217 source files to /Users/elberry/development/projects/jedit/sandbox/plugins/XML-3.0.6/XML/build/classes
[jp.javac] /Users/elberry/development/projects/jedit/sandbox/plugins/XML-3.0.6/XML/xml/TemplatesManager.java:51: error: cannot access RuntimeConstants
[jp.javac] String templateDir = TemplatesPlugin.getTemplateDir();

I checked, and I see the velocity-1.7.jar on the classpath. Note that there was an update to the Templates plugin (5.0.0), which may have included a newer version of Velocity.

[plugin-central-submission:#1023] XML 3.0.6

Group: None
Created: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC by Eric Le Lay
Last Updated: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC
Owner: Townsfolk

[...]

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] Re: #1023 XML 3.0.6

Eric Le Lay-2

The updated Templates plugin indeed moved from velocity-1.5.jar to velocity-1.7.jar.
So the build.xml file needs to be updated if compiling against Templates 5.0.0. But it builds when compiling against the required Templates 4.1.2.

XML works with either version of the Templates plugin. What shall I do? Revbump the dependency to Templates 5.0.0?

[plugin-central-submission:#1023] XML 3.0.6

Group: None
Created: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC by Eric Le Lay
Last Updated: Mon Mar 27, 2017 08:32 AM UTC
[...]

Ah. I see it in the build.xml file, it's referencing the specific version of the velocity jar. I'll work it out.

[plugin-central-submission:#1023] XML 3.0.6

Group: None
Created: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC by Eric Le Lay
Last Updated: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 PM UTC
[...]

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

Dale Anson-3
If Velocity is being used by more than one plugin, shouldn't it be packaged as a separate library plugin?

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Townsfolk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-central-submission/1023/

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

Eric Le Lay
Administrator
Velocity is not used by XML plugin.
One of its interfaces (RuntimeConstants) is implemented by the
TemplatesPlugin class of the Templates plugin, which is used by XML
plugin which calls TemplatesPlugin.getTemplateDir() to know where to
install templates.

Le Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:52:44 -0600,
Dale Anson <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> If Velocity is being used by more than one plugin, shouldn't it be
> packaged as a separate library plugin?
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Townsfolk <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Ah. I see it in the build.xml file, it's referencing the specific
> > version of the velocity jar. I'll work it out.
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > * [plugin-central-submission:#1023]
> > <https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-central-submission/1023/>
> > XML 3.0.6*
> >
> > *Status:* open
> > *Group:* None
> > *Created:* Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC by Eric Le Lay
> > *Last Updated:* Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 PM UTC
> > *Owner:* Townsfolk
> >
> > {{{ XML 3.0.6
> > Source: Source code is in SVN with the tag release-3.0.6
> > Announcement: bug fix release + hyperlinks on entity references
> > Requires Java 1.7
> > Requires jEdit 05.02.00.00
> > Required plugins:
> > Antlr 4.5.1 (antlr.AntlrPlugin)
> > Common Controls 1.7.4 (CommonControlsPlugin)
> > EclipseIcons 1.0 (eclipseicons.EclipseIconsPlugin)
> > ErrorList 2.3 (errorlist.ErrorListPlugin)
> > SideKick 1.8 (sidekick.SideKickPlugin)
> > XercesPlugin 2.9.1 (xerces.XercesPlugin)
> > Optional plugins:
> > Beauty 0.9 (beauty.BeautyPlugin)
> > Hyperlinks 1.1.0 (gatchan.jedit.hyperlinks.HyperlinksPlugin)
> > Templates 4.1.2 (templates.TemplatesPlugin)
> >
> > Short Description: The XML plugin provides features for editing
> > XML, HTML, JavaScript JSON, and CSS files. For XML files, it does
> > validation against a DTD, XSD, or RNG. For all languages, it
> > displays element trees in the SideKick dockable. For XML, HTML5 and
> > CSS3, you get completion popups for elements, attributes, and
> > entities.
> >
> > Long Description: <html>
> >
> > The XML plugin provides a SideKick tree structure browser for
> > editing XML, HTML, CSS, JSON, and JavaScript files, and completion
> > for XML, HTML5 and CSS3.
> >
> > Matching tag actions, pretty-printing, graphical editing of tag
> > attributes and conversion of special characters to entities and
> > vice versa are supported for both XML and HTML files.
> >
> > XML files are validated against their DTD, XSD, or RNG. Validation
> > errors are shown in the Error List.

> > }}}

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

Eric Berry
Yes I think so too, are there others that are using velocity? I'm not sure, but I think the XML plugin actually plugs into the Templates plugin and depends on velocity only for that integration.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Dale Anson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Work towards the future.
Blog: http://eric-berry.blogspot.com
jEdit <http://www.jedit.org> - Programmer's Text Editor

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:plugin-central-submission] #1023 XML 3.0.6

Townsfolk
  • status: open --> closed-accepted

[plugin-central-submission:#1023] XML 3.0.6

Group: None
Created: Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53 PM UTC by Eric Le Lay
Last Updated: Mon Mar 27, 2017 06:40 PM UTC