Quantcast

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #536 Untitled/Scratch Directory Setting like Backup Directory

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #536 Untitled/Scratch Directory Setting like Backup Directory

Townsfolk

[feature-requests:#536] Untitled/Scratch Directory Setting like Backup Directory

Group: none
Labels: Untitled Scratch
Created: Tue Mar 21, 2017 06:03 PM UTC by Townsfolk
Last Updated: Tue Mar 21, 2017 06:03 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

I often use jEdit to jot down notes, or do some scratch work, so I often just create a new file start typing and never actually save the file. The problem I'm having here is that jEdit creates the Untitled files in whatever folder the last file I had open was. For me this is often a shared folder (Dropbox, Git, etc...). In the case of Dropbox and other auto-sync folders is that my scratch work get's auto-saved to the cloud unintentionally.

It would be nice to have a setting to always start new "Untitled" buffers in a specific directory instead of the working directory. This could be similar to the backup directory setting already available. Perhaps when the save dialog is called on an Untitled buffer it could use the working directory, but I would be fine if it opened up in the scratch directory.

There is another feature request: https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/feature-requests/316/ that is very similar to this request but refers to the default file path.

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/feature-requests/