[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #534 Flag for an open Temporary File

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #534 Flag for an open Temporary File

robert orton

[feature-requests:#534] Flag for an open Temporary File

Group: none
Created: Wed Mar 15, 2017 04:11 PM UTC by robert orton
Last Updated: Wed Mar 15, 2017 04:11 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

Not sure if this is a feature already, but need something to blatently tell user they have opened a temporary file.

scenario: I was deep searching a directory for a pattern and inadvertently clicked on and opened a temporary file that has the "~" character at the end. I edited the file for days and noticed the file date never changed in my ftp program. couldnt figure out why date never changed.

I filter temp files in FTP, so the current file was never shown. So I had been editing "filename.ext~" which was filtered at my FTP, as well as its temporary file, "filename.ext~~". It took me some deciphering to find out what was happening, because the path names are so long, the ext~~ was usually clipped off in most contexts.

So a solution that would make sense at least to me is to show the filname differently in drop down, and maybe a different color in title of window.

Thanks.

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/feature-requests/