Quantcast

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #532 Returns for SearchAndReplace.replaceAll

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #532 Returns for SearchAndReplace.replaceAll

Andrea Fabretto

[feature-requests:#532] Returns for SearchAndReplace.replaceAll

Group: none
Created: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:36 PM UTC by Andrea Fabretto
Last Updated: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:36 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

Version 5.3

I'm trying to use "SearchAndReplace.replaceAll" method in a macro and I'd like to have back the total number of modifications done instead of a boolean. Maybe, since the method can operate on multiple files it can be useful to have a method to return modified files list and modifications number for a given file... so that I can elaborate the sum oo the "detailed list".

I also noticed that in the docstring it's said it should return "the number of modified files" but it's a boolean instead of a number type.

Thanks,
Andrea

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/feature-requests/

http://sdm.link/oxford