[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #477 Allow save and restore views

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #477 Allow save and restore views

Steve

[feature-requests:#477] Allow save and restore views

Created: Fri Jan 03, 2014 03:44 PM UTC by Steve
Last Updated: Fri Jan 03, 2014 03:44 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

I have several projects I'm working on at once. For each, I have a separate view (and I've named each view thanks to that nice new feature!) If I have only one open, and close jEdit, it is properly restored when I restart (yay!) but if I have more than one open, only that last is restored. :-(

I can't find any control by which I can save and restore views, or select which view to open when I start. I think that would be a very helpful feature. Each saved view should remember: the dockable positions and which were visible, the split positions and which buffer and line was visible in each, which project was open in each (assuming Project Viewer is used), etc.

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/feature-requests/

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #477 Allow save and restore views

Steve

Well, I was not aware of Sessions plugin, but after trying it, I have to say that it is NOT what I'm looking for. It seems to think that both views should be modified as part of the session. It doesn't seem to support having two completely independent projects open in two separate views, and managing them separately. The other complaints I have with Sessions, I'll file as a bug/feature request ticket against the plugin, then uninstall it.

[feature-requests:#477] Allow save and restore views

Created: Fri Jan 03, 2014 03:44 PM UTC by Steve
Last Updated: Fri Jan 03, 2014 03:52 PM UTC