[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #316 path of first untitled buffer

[ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:feature-requests] #316 path of first untitled buffer

jedit-devel mailing list
  • status: open --> closed-fixed
  • assigned_to: Alan Ezust
  • Group: --> none
  • Comment:

Fixed in the latest daily build. Now it will be user.home.

[feature-requests:#316] path of first untitled buffer

Group: none
Created: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 PM UTC by creativeHavoc
Last Updated: Wed Feb 29, 2012 08:41 PM UTC
Owner: Alan Ezust

Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\jEdit\#Untitled-1#:Cannot save: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\jEdit\#Untitled-1# (Access is denied)

This pops up when you open JEdit and type in the default unsaved file that JEdit creates whenever the auto save function is called. I believe the issue is that Program Files has write restrictions, unless running in administrator mode. You can change the default location for backups, but not for this file. Please see

http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/4050
and
http://superuser.com/questions/78723/need-help-save-error-jedit

Perhaps the default file could be opened from our home directory or something, instead of the jedit program location

Sent from sourceforge.net because [hidden email] is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/feature-requests/