[ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

12

[ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

SourceForge.net
Plugin Central Submission item #3540837, was opened at 2012-07-06 05:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by xuhdev
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=625093&aid=3540837&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
{{{ EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1
    Source: https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit
After clone the code, use git checkout v0.3.1 to checkout the version
    Announcement: Initial release: the jEdit EditorConfig plugin.
    Requires Java 1.6
    Requires jEdit 04.04.99.01

    Short Description: EditorConfig plugin for jEdit

    Long Description: EditorConfig helps developers define and maintain consistent coding styles
between different editors and IDEs. The EditorConfig project consists of a file
format for defining coding styles and a collection of text editor plugins that
enable editors to read the file format and adhere to defined styles.
EditorConfig files are easily readibly and they work nicely with version
control systems.

This is the EditorConfig plugin of jEdit. For more information, please visit
< http://editorconfig.org >.
 }}}

Date: 2012-07-25 07:58

Message:
OK. Let's do it.

Comment By: Jarek Czekalski (jarekczek)
Date: 2012-07-25 07:28

Message:
This discussion starts to exceed the reasonable capacity of tracker entry.
Please answer to jedit-devel (subject: EditorConfig 0.3.1 compilation
problems) the following question: where do I find files for the
org.editorconfig.core package? Could you send the link to git so that I
could see them online?

We'll solve other issues on the list too.

Comment By: Hong Xu (xuhdev)
Date: 2012-07-25 06:27

Message:
The build error: maybe you forgot to run `git submodule update --init`
before you run ant?

Docs is at http://editorconfig.org, the homepage of the project. The
license says the copyright notice is available in the documentation OR
other materials provided with the distribution, which is in the LICENSE
file in my case.

The src.dir property has been added now:
https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit/commit/abd196facddf442767fd6ceec0702e6d443f9cc1

Comment By: Jarek Czekalski (jarekczek)
Date: 2012-07-24 11:52

Message:
 [jp.javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/build/classes
 [jp.javac]
/usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/src/org/editorconfig/jedit/EditorConfigPlugin.java:33:
package org.editorconfig.core does not exist
 [jp.javac] import org.editorconfig.core.*;

Plugin is missing docs. And your license says that the doc should contain
copyright notice.

You should also make change to properties file:

   <property file="build.properties" />
+  <property name="src.dir" location="src" />
   <property name="build.support" value="./build-support" />

Comment By: Hong Xu (xuhdev)
Date: 2012-07-24 09:24

Message:
Is there any other issue with the source?

Comment By: Hong Xu (xuhdev)
Date: 2012-07-21 10:00

Message:
Yes, I have already added the thirdparty library to the property file. This
version is the ready version in my mind.

I think we have a misunderstanding here. I mean, the `editorconfig.jar`, is
a dependency of the plugin, which should be downloaded by the plugin
manager. I just emphasized on this :)

Thank you!

Comment By: Jarek Czekalski (jarekczek)
Date: 2012-07-21 09:55

Message:
Hi Hong. When plugin is installed through plugin manager its libraries must
be installed automatically. It's unacceptable to demand it from the user.

See LucenePlugin (or others) on how it can be done through properties
file:

plugin.gatchan.jedit.lucene.LucenePlugin.jars=lucene-core.jar
lucene-highlighter.jar lucene-memory.jar

https://jedit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jedit/plugins/LucenePlugin/trunk

It is also documented in plugin development guidelines. When you're ready,
retag and give a comment.

Comment By: Hong Xu (xuhdev)
Date: 2012-07-06 05:03

Message:
Please note that this plugin depends on a thirdparty library called
`editorconfig.jar`. This file also needs to be installed in the plugin
directory.

After run `ant` in the source, the `editorconfig.jar` will also be copied
to the ${install.dir}.

Thank you.

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=625093&aid=3540837&group_id=588

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

Hong Xu
On 07/25/2012 10:58 PM, SourceForge.net wrote:

> [...]
>
> The src.dir property has been added now:
> https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit/commit/abd196facddf442767fd6ceec0702e6d443f9cc1

> Comment By: Jarek Czekalski (jarekczek)
> Date: 2012-07-24 11:52
>
> Message:
>   [jp.javac] Compiling 1 source file to
> /usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/build/classes
>   [jp.javac]
> /usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/src/org/editorconfig/jedit/EditorConfigPlugin.java:33:
> package org.editorconfig.core does not exist
>   [jp.javac] import org.editorconfig.core.*;
>
> Plugin is missing docs. And your license says that the doc should contain
> copyright notice.
>
> You should also make change to properties file:
>
>     <property file="build.properties" />
> +  <property name="src.dir" location="src" />
>     <property name="build.support" value="./build-support" />

The files of org.editorconfig.core.* is built here:

https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-core-py/tree/master/java-binding

After the build succeed, you should see a file named `editorconfig.jar`.
That the location of the package.

However you should not need to clone the repo to build editorconfig.jar.
In the repository of the plugin
<https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit>, the
`editorconfig.jar` repository is set as a submodule, which can be
checkout by `git submodule update --init`. After you have run `git
submodule update --init`, the editorconfig.jar source should have been
checkout. Then follow the build instructions to build the plugin, if
succeed, you will find editorconfig.jar installed in the location
specified by "install.dir".

Hong

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

Jarekczek
Administrator
W dniu 07/25/2012 05:04 PM, Hong Xu pisze:
> On 07/25/2012 10:58 PM, SourceForge.net wrote:
>> Comment By: Hong Xu (xuhdev)
>> Date: 2012-07-25 06:27
>>
>> Message:
>> The build error: maybe you forgot to run `git submodule update --init`
>> before you run ant?

I forgot? I don't remember you saying that I need to run such a command.
But ok, I did and I compiled dependency and the plugin itself and I have
the plugin running. There are several issues at the very beginning:

1. We have JythonInterpreter plugin. Having another plugin distributing
jython seems to be waste of space
2. The compilation and building of the plugin does not meet our
automatization criteria. Simply running "ant dist" should build the
plugin with docs, without additional steps. We may consider accepting
some additional steps, but they must be given somewhere.
3. "ant dist" fails because of lack of "docs/users-guide.xml". You may
bypass somehow this xml file, but "ant dist" should work.
4. There is no docs for the plugin. I go to jedit help and see no
EditorConfig entry. This is the place from which I would like to learn
how to use the plugin.
5. I don't know how to use the plugin. I can only run "Reload Editor
Config". Is that it? What does it do?

In general I wonder what functionality do we gain after such a
complicated process, 2MB disk usage and a screen of sys-package
warnings. It should be really much comparing to the resources engaged.

Jarek

On Jul 26, 2012, at 3:02, Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> W dniu 07/25/2012 05:04 PM, Hong Xu pisze:
>> On 07/25/2012 10:58 PM, SourceForge.net wrote:
>>> Comment By: Hong Xu (xuhdev)
>>> Date: 2012-07-25 06:27
>>>
>>> Message:
>>> The build error: maybe you forgot to run `git submodule update --init`
>>> before you run ant?
>
> I forgot? I don't remember you saying that I need to run such a command.

This is mentioned in the Installation instructions in the README.

> But ok, I did and I compiled dependency and the plugin itself and I have the plugin running. There are several issues at the very beginning:
>
> 1. We have JythonInterpreter plugin. Having another plugin distributing jython seems to be waste of space

Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The plugin itself depends on the library.

> 2. The compilation and building of the plugin does not meet our automatization criteria. Simply running "ant dist" should build the plugin with docs, without additional steps. We may consider accepting some additional steps, but they must be given somewhere.

Ok, I'll make changes.

> 3. "ant dist" fails because of lack of "docs/users-guide.xml". You may bypass somehow this xml file, but "ant dist" should work.

Ok.

In the Readme file, EditorConfig is linked to a URL http://editorconfig.org. Users should have visited this website before they find the jEdit plugin -- this project has multiple plugins for different editors and all of them work in almost the same way. After you visited the site, you should know how it works. But you're right, I should add a doc mentioning the site -- it's not enough to mention it only in README.

> 5. I don't know how to use the plugin. I can only run "Reload Editor Config". Is that it? What does it do?
>
> In general I wonder what functionality do we gain after such a complicated process, 2MB disk usage and a screen of sys-package warnings. It should be really much comparing to the resources engaged.

sys-package warning only appears for the first time it runs.

> Jarek

Thank you.

Hong

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

Jarekczek
Administrator
Hi Hong

W dniu 2012-07-26 03:33, Hong Xu pisze:

>> 1. We have JythonInterpreter plugin. Having another plugin distributing jython seems to be waste of space
> Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The plugin itself depends on the library.

If we have 10 plugins requiring jython (why not?), we should seek a way
to reuse one jython library. Is it possible that your plugin set
JythonInterpreter as a dependency and use its jython jars? See what's
inside the JythonInterpreter:
http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/jedit-plugins/JythonInterpreter/1.0/JythonInterpreter-1.0-bin.zip

What's interesting is that EditorConfig.jar is less than 2MB and our
jython jars are 12MB. Do you know jython well enough to tell the reason
for the difference and if we do not have too much useless overhead in
our jython jars?

Thanks
Jarek

On 2012/7/26 14:12, Jarek Czekalski wrote:

> Hi Hong
>
> W dniu 2012-07-26 03:33, Hong Xu pisze:
>>
>>> 1. We have JythonInterpreter plugin. Having another plugin
>>> distributing jython seems to be waste of space
>> Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The
>> editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The
>> plugin itself depends on the library.
>
> If we have 10 plugins requiring jython (why not?), we should seek a way
> to reuse one jython library. Is it possible that your plugin set
> JythonInterpreter as a dependency and use its jython jars? See what's
> inside the JythonInterpreter:
> http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/jedit-plugins/JythonInterpreter/1.0/JythonInterpreter-1.0-bin.zip

As I said, the the plugin itself does not require jython, but the
depended third party library `editorconfig.jar`. If we want to support
JythonInterpreter as a dependency, we must build editorconfig.jar in
another non-bundle way. I'll try to implement this (and several point
mentioned previously). But it may take some time, since I am busy
recently. Thank you for your patience.

> What's interesting is that EditorConfig.jar is less than 2MB and our
> jython jars are 12MB. Do you know jython well enough to tell the reason
> for the difference and if we do not have too much useless overhead in
> our jython jars?

Since Jython 2.5.x, the size increases to 10M+. However, Jython 2.2.x
only requires about 2M disk. The editorconfig.jar has bundled the 2.2.x
Jython, to reduce the size.

Hong

W dniu 2012-07-26 16:32, Hong Xu pisze:

> On 2012/7/26 14:12, Jarek Czekalski wrote:
>> Hi Hong

>>> Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The
>>> editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The
>>> plugin itself depends on the library.
>>
>> If we have 10 plugins requiring jython (why not?), we should seek a way
>> to reuse one jython library. Is it possible that your plugin set
>> JythonInterpreter as a dependency and use its jython jars? See what's
>> inside the JythonInterpreter:
>> http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/jedit-plugins/JythonInterpreter/1.0/JythonInterpreter-1.0-bin.zip
>>

> As I said, the the plugin itself does not require jython, but the
> depended third party library `editorconfig.jar`. If we want to support
> JythonInterpreter as a dependency, we must build editorconfig.jar in
> another non-bundle way. I'll try to implement this (and several point
> mentioned previously). But it may take some time, since I am busy
> recently. Thank you for your patience.

If we consider editorconfig.jar as an inseparable unit, I think we may
accept that it bundles this jython. I agree that it's a bit different
from depending on just jython.

Alternatively we may treat editorconfig.jar as a 3rd party library and
take the binary, not compile it ourselves. The best would be to have
editorconfig.jar downloadable by ivy, but making it a part of the
repository would also do.

Hong, do whichever is easier. I think the other admins won't object this
2MB. And if they do, let them speak now or remain silent forever :)

Jarek

On 2012/7/26 22:46, Jarek Czekalski wrote:

> W dniu 2012-07-26 16:32, Hong Xu pisze:
>> On 2012/7/26 14:12, Jarek Czekalski wrote:
>>> Hi Hong

>>> If we have 10 plugins requiring jython (why not?), we should seek a way
>>> to reuse one jython library. Is it possible that your plugin set
>>> JythonInterpreter as a dependency and use its jython jars? See what's
>>> inside the JythonInterpreter:
>>> http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/jedit-plugins/JythonInterpreter/1.0/JythonInterpreter-1.0-bin.zip
>>>

>> As I said, the the plugin itself does not require jython, but the
>> depended third party library `editorconfig.jar`. If we want to support
>> JythonInterpreter as a dependency, we must build editorconfig.jar in
>> another non-bundle way. I'll try to implement this (and several point
>> mentioned previously). But it may take some time, since I am busy
>> recently. Thank you for your patience.
>
> If we consider editorconfig.jar as an inseparable unit, I think we may
> accept that it bundles this jython. I agree that it's a bit different
> from depending on just jython.
>
> Alternatively we may treat editorconfig.jar as a 3rd party library and
> take the binary, not compile it ourselves. The best would be to have
> editorconfig.jar downloadable by ivy, but making it a part of the
> repository would also do.

How to make the library downloadable by ivy? There is a pre-compiled
binary here:

https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-core-py/downloads

Is this enough?

> Hong, do whichever is easier. I think the other admins won't object this
> 2MB. And if they do, let them speak now or remain silent forever :)

OK :)

Hong

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

Dale Anson
Administrator
Hi Hong,

I tried to follow the instructions here:

https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit#readme

But I get this error:

$ git clone git://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit.git
Cloning into 'editorconfig-jedit'...
fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection timed out

I tried yesterday and again today. Any idea about this?

Thanks,

Dale

On 2012/7/26 23:38, Dale Anson wrote:

> Hi Hong,
>
> I tried to follow the instructions here:
>
> https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit#readme
>
> But I get this error:
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit.git
> <http://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit.git>
> Cloning into 'editorconfig-jedit'...
> fatal: unable to connect to github.com <http://github.com>:
> github.com <http://github.com>[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection
> timed out
>
> I tried yesterday and again today. Any idea about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dale

Have you checked your internet connection? It works for me yesterday and
today.

Hong

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

Dale Anson
Administrator
Internet seems to be fine, I was able to send this email. :)

On 07/26/2012 09:33 AM, Hong Xu wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2012, at 3:02, Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 4. There is no docs for the plugin. I go to jedit help and see no EditorConfig entry. This is the place from which I would like to learn how to use the plugin.
>
> In the Readme file, EditorConfig is linked to a URL http://editorconfig.org. Users should have visited this website before they find the jEdit plugin -- this project has multiple plugins for different editors and all of them work in almost the same way. After you visited the site, you should know how it works. But you're right, I should add a doc mentioning the site -- it's not enough to mention it only in README.

I have a question: is there a standard doc location for jEdit plugin?
Thanks!

Hong

W dniu 2012-07-27 15:45, Hong Xu pisze:

> I have a question: is there a standard doc location for jEdit plugin?
> Thanks!

I don't have an answer for the general question. But I know help happens
to be arranged in 2 ways:

html (e.g. MarkerSets,
http://jedit.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=jedit/MarkerSets;a=tree)
xml (e.g. Console,
http://jedit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jedit/plugins/Console/)

In both cases the files are in docs directory.

Jarek

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Central Submission-3540837 ] EditorConfigPlugin 0.3.1 -- Initial release

Hong Xu
On 07/26/2012 09:33 AM, Hong Xu wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2012, at 3:02, Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I forgot? I don't remember you saying that I need to run such a command.
>
> This is mentioned in the Installation instructions in the README.
>
>> But ok, I did and I compiled dependency and the plugin itself and I have the plugin running. There are several issues at the very beginning:
>>
>> 1. We have JythonInterpreter plugin. Having another plugin distributing jython seems to be waste of space
>
> Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The plugin itself depends on the library.
>
>> 2. The compilation and building of the plugin does not meet our automatization criteria. Simply running "ant dist" should build the plugin with docs, without additional steps. We may consider accepting some additional steps, but they must be given somewhere.
>
> Ok, I'll make changes.
>
>> 3. "ant dist" fails because of lack of "docs/users-guide.xml". You may bypass somehow this xml file, but "ant dist" should work.
>
> Ok.
>
>> 4. There is no docs for the plugin. I go to jedit help and see no EditorConfig entry. This is the place from which I would like to learn how to use the plugin.
>
> In the Readme file, EditorConfig is linked to a URL http://editorconfig.org. Users should have visited this website before they find the jEdit plugin -- this project has multiple plugins for different editors and all of them work in almost the same way. After you visited the site, you should know how it works. But you're right, I should add a doc mentioning the site -- it's not enough to mention it only in README.
>
>> 5. I don't know how to use the plugin. I can only run "Reload Editor Config". Is that it? What does it do?
>>
>> In general I wonder what functionality do we gain after such a complicated process, 2MB disk usage and a screen of sys-package warnings. It should be really much comparing to the resources engaged.
>
> sys-package warning only appears for the first time it runs.

Now point 2, 3, 4 have been solved. 5 should has been solved by adding
the doc. Point 1, I believe we have solved it.

Would you mind testing in your environment, and do you have other questions?

Hong

W dniu 07/28/2012 06:46 AM, Hong Xu pisze:

> On 07/26/2012 09:33 AM, Hong Xu wrote:
>>

>> On Jul 26, 2012, at 3:02, Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> I forgot? I don't remember you saying that I need to run such a
>>> command.
>>
>> This is mentioned in the Installation instructions in the README.
>>
>>> But ok, I did and I compiled dependency and the plugin itself and I
>>> have the plugin running. There are several issues at the very
>>> beginning:
>>>
>>> 1. We have JythonInterpreter plugin. Having another plugin
>>> distributing jython seems to be waste of space
>>
>> Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The
>> editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The
>> plugin itself depends on the library.
>>
>>> 2. The compilation and building of the plugin does not meet our
>>> automatization criteria. Simply running "ant dist" should build the
>>> plugin with docs, without additional steps. We may consider
>>> accepting some additional steps, but they must be given somewhere.
>>
>> Ok, I'll make changes.

Still have compilation problems. I cloned, but don't have core classes.
Did you try to address the automatization issue?

"Basedir
/usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/editorconfig-core-py/java-binding
does not exist"

Please remove build-support directory. Plugins should not copy it, but
use a shared version.

Jarek

On Jul 28, 2012, at 14:50, Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> W dniu 07/28/2012 06:46 AM, Hong Xu pisze:

>>> This is mentioned in the Installation instructions in the README.

>>> Yes, however, this is caused by the depended library. The editorconfig.jar only works when bundling the jython interpreter. The plugin itself depends on the library.

>>> Ok, I'll make changes.
>
> Still have compilation problems. I cloned, but don't have core classes. Did you try to address the automatization issue?
>
> "Basedir /usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/editorconfig-core-py/java-binding does not exist"

What is the output of 'ls editorconfig-core-py/'? Are you sure you have checked out the submodule?

> Please remove build-support directory. Plugins should not copy it, but use a shared version.

But how to locate the shared version?

Hong

W dniu 07/28/2012 02:17 PM, Hong Xu pisze:

>> Still have compilation problems. I cloned, but don't have core classes. Did you try to address the automatization issue?
>>
>> "Basedir /usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/editorconfig-core-py/java-binding does not exist"
>>
> What is the output of 'ls editorconfig-core-py/'? Are you sure you have checked out the submodule?

Our automatization build gives us only one step "ant dist".

>> Please remove build-support directory. Plugins should not copy it, but use a shared version.
>>
> But how to locate the shared version?

I don't know. Look how other plugins are able to do it. Probably through
preset properties or some determined location, like ".."

Jarek

On Jul 29, 2012, at 5:03, Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Still have compilation problems. I cloned, but don't have core classes. Did you try to address the automatization issue?
>>>
>>> "Basedir /usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/editorconfig-core-py/java-binding does not exist"
>>>
>> What is the output of 'ls editorconfig-core-py/'? Are you sure you have checked out the submodule?
>
> Our automatization build gives us only one step "ant dist".

Does "ant dist" also run 'git clone ' for you? This is a code checkout command.

On 07/29/2012 05:03 AM, Jarek Czekalski wrote:

>>> Still have compilation problems. I cloned, but don't have core
>>> classes. Did you try to address the automatization issue?
>>>
>>> "Basedir
>>> /usr/src/jedit/plugins/EditorConfig/editorconfig-core-py/java-binding
>>> does not exist"
>>>
>> What is the output of 'ls editorconfig-core-py/'? Are you sure you
>> have checked out the submodule?
>
> Our automatization build gives us only one step "ant dist".

If you want to run without checking out the submodule explicitly, you
should clone with "--recursive" argument:

git clone --recursive git://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit.git

>>> Please remove build-support directory. Plugins should not copy it,
>>> but use a shared version.
>>>
>> But how to locate the shared version?
>
> I don't know. Look how other plugins are able to do it. Probably through
> preset properties or some determined location, like ".."

Now it uses a shared version.

Please raise any other question you have. Thanks.

Hong

W dniu 07/29/2012 04:34 PM, Hong Xu pisze:

>>> What is the output of 'ls editorconfig-core-py/'? Are you sure you
>>> have checked out the submodule?
>>
>> Our automatization build gives us only one step "ant dist".
>>

> If you want to run without checking out the submodule explicitly, you
> should clone with "--recursive" argument:
>
> git clone --recursive
> git://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-jedit.git

Hong, could you add a check to the build script that would perform more
or less the following:

if (submodule directory does not exist) then
   print "run the command ... to get the necessary submodules"
   fail

But I have the following doubt considering submodules:
After a year or so I may want to checkout the old 0.3.1 version of
EditorConfig plugin. So I'll simply call this tag. How can we be sure,
that the editorconfig submodule, that will be downloaded, will also be
in the old version, from the time of releasing 0.3.1?

Jarek