Quantcast

[ jEdit-devel ] building jEdit on a Mac

Matthieu Casanova
I'm a beginner in Mac (and building jEdit on Mac).
I'm on a real Mac, not a Hackintosh
I'm launching

ant dist-mac
and have an error:

Cannot run program "/Users/kpouer/Documents/dev/jEdit/jEdit/build/launch4j/bin/windres": error=86, Bad CPU type in executable

I'm not sure but I think it is strange that dist-mac use launch4j isn't it ?

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] building jEdit on a Mac

Eric Berry
Administrator
I don't remember this being a problem before, but I can confirm an error regarding Launch4J on Mac OSX.

I get a different error though:
[launch4j:create] You need the Rosetta software to run windres. The Rosetta installer is in Optional Installs on your Mac OS X installation disc.

I think the issue is that 'dist-mac' depends on 'prepare-dist-files' which on line 1419 does an ant call to 'build-exe-launcher'.

As a work-a-round I commented out lines 1419 - 1424 (the ant call to build-exe-launcher) and then dist-mac works for me again.

Perhaps build-exe-launcher should somehow be restricted to the dist-win target instead of part of the common prepare-dist-files target?

Hope that helps,
Eric

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Matthieu Casanova <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I'm a beginner in Mac (and building jEdit on Mac).
I'm on a real Mac, not a Hackintosh
I'm launching

ant dist-mac
and have an error:

Cannot run program "/Users/kpouer/Documents/dev/jEdit/jEdit/build/launch4j/bin/windres": error=86, Bad CPU type in executable

I'm not sure but I think it is strange that dist-mac use launch4j isn't it ?

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
Blog: http://eric-berry.blogspot.com
jEdit <http://www.jedit.org> - Programmer's Text Editor

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] building jEdit on a Mac

Matthieu Casanova
Administrator
Yes I think so, the dist-mac should not build the exe of course. That's strange, I used dist-mac previously without problems, maybe this line was added recently ?