Quantcast

[ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Jarekczek
Administrator
Don't you think it's time to think about freezing 5.0 release? I suggest
we concentrate on fixing bugs with priority above 5 and after it's done,
branch. If some of the bugs do not deserve such a high priority, they
may be degraded.

This link works for me to get the priority bugs:
https://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=588&type_of_search=artifact&q=&group_artifact_id[]=100588&artifact_id=&status_id[]=1&priority[]=6&priority[]=7&priority[]=8&priority[]=9&submitted_by=&assigned_to=&open_date_start=&open_date_end=&last_update_date_start=&last_update_date_end=&form_submit=Search

Jarek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Developers, A Lot Can Happen In A Second.
Boundary is the first to Know...and Tell You.
Monitor Your Applications in Ultra-Fine Resolution. Try it FREE!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-d2dvs2
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Alan Ezust-3
Administrator
Yes. And perhaps we should also release 5.0pre1 at the same time.


On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Jarek Czekalski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Don't you think it's time to think about freezing 5.0 release? I suggest
> we concentrate on fixing bugs with priority above 5 and after it's done,
> branch. If some of the bugs do not deserve such a high priority, they
> may be degraded.
>
> This link works for me to get the priority bugs:
> https://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=588&type_of_search=artifact&q=&group_artifact_id[]=100588&artifact_id=&status_id[]=1&priority[]=6&priority[]=7&priority[]=8&priority[]=9&submitted_by=&assigned_to=&open_date_start=&open_date_end=&last_update_date_start=&last_update_date_end=&form_submit=Search
>
> Jarek
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> For Developers, A Lot Can Happen In A Second.
> Boundary is the first to Know...and Tell You.
> Monitor Your Applications in Ultra-Fine Resolution. Try it FREE!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-d2dvs2
> --
> -----------------------------------------------
> jEdit Developers' List
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jarekczek
Hi all,

Thank you Jarek for the leading action for release.

I'm writing this in favor of quickness. I'm sorry for the briefness but
please ask for details if you feel too brief.

Jarek Czekalski wrote:
> Don't you think it's time to think about freezing 5.0 release? I suggest
> we concentrate on fixing bugs with priority above 5 and after it's done,
> branch. If some of the bugs do not deserve such a high priority, they
> may be degraded.

If it takes long, please consider branching before their fix. Bug fixes
can be go into the release branch via merge requests.

> This link works for me to get the priority bugs:
> https://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=588&type_of_search=artifact&q=&group_artifact_id[]=100588&artifact_id=&status_id[]=1&priority[]=6&priority[]=7&priority[]=8&priority[]=9&submitted_by=&assigned_to=&open_date_start=&open_date_end=&last_update_date_start=&last_update_date_end=&form_submit=Search

FYI, here is a shorter URL for the same query.
http://sourceforge.net/search/?group_id=588&type_of_search=artifact&group_artifact_id[]=100588&status_id[]=1&priority[]=6&priority[]=7&priority[]=8&priority[]=9

I'm sorry to be still unable to fix the reported regression. Now I'm
willing to fix it not later than 5/6.


Some random issues follow:

I remember there was a license issue about Scala mode. Was it cleared?

I want the core localization framework to use .properties file to be
uniformed with the one for plugins and compatible with possible
implementation using ResourceBundle.
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html

--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Jarekczek
Administrator
Hi Kazutoshi. Nice to hear from you.

W dniu 04/26/2012 05:22 PM, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
> (...)If it takes long, please consider branching before their fix. Bug
> fixes
> can be go into the release branch via merge requests.
1. Going through merge requests requires more work on a bug. And I don't
see devs hurrying on merging requests.
2. If a version is to be stable, it should not have serious bugs.
However I tend to lower the priority of the bugs which are acceptable,
that is fall into 4 or lower category.
3. Some bugs require more intervention, than is allowed with merge requests.
> (...)
>
> I remember there was a license issue about Scala mode. Was it cleared?
>
If I remember well: the author of Scala mode doesn't pay much attention
to licenses. He took our files and distributes them without a license
that is required. So I wouldn't bother much about that file. By the way
let me repeat: it's good to have license note at the beginning of every
file, mode files not being exceptions.
> (...)

Jarek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
Jarek Czekalski wrote:

> W dniu 04/26/2012 05:22 PM, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
>>  (...)If it takes long, please consider branching before their fix. Bug
>>  fixes
>>  can be go into the release branch via merge requests.
> 1. Going through merge requests requires more work on a bug. And I don't
> see devs hurrying on merging requests.
> 2. If a version is to be stable, it should not have serious bugs.
> However I tend to lower the priority of the bugs which are acceptable,
> that is fall into 4 or lower category.
> 3. Some bugs require more intervention, than is allowed with merge requests.

That's true. But such approach may cause some problems in general ...
http://www.producingoss.com/en/release-branches.html
... and we actually faced on that problem at 4.3preX era in the history.

Branching before bug fixes is a suggestion from this point of view.
Please take care of the balance. "If it takes long" is a rough example
of balancing.

>>  (...)
>>  I remember there was a license issue about Scala mode. Was it cleared?
>>
> If I remember well: the author of Scala mode doesn't pay much attention
> to licenses. He took our files and distributes them without a license
> that is required. So I wouldn't bother much about that file.

That's different with what I remember;
We added the Scala mode which is published by Daniel Spiewak on his
github without approval from him. (The patch was submitted by another
person.)

I found the archive and as far as I can see, the issue is still not
resolved.
http://jedit.9.n6.nabble.com/Re-jEdit-devel-jEdit-commits-SF-net-SVN-jedit-21313-jEdit-trunk-tp4566662p4566662.html

So we can't distribute jEdit trunk now I think, don't you?

--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Jarekczek
Administrator


W dniu 2012-04-27 02:25, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
> Branching before bug fixes is a suggestion from this point of view.
> Please take care of the balance. "If it takes long" is a rough example
> of balancing.
By now the problem seems purely theoretical, because I don't think
anyone wants to branch right now. Now we just say: get prepared for the
branching. After a month or so we'll establish more detailed criteria or
just branch. This must be the same what you think, Kazutoshi.

I put some bugs into pending state and expect them cleared by this time,
so there won't be many of them anyway.

Jarek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
Jarek Czekalski wrote:
> W dniu 2012-04-27 02:25, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
>>  Branching before bug fixes is a suggestion from this point of view.
>>  Please take care of the balance. "If it takes long" is a rough example
>>  of balancing.
> By now the problem seems purely theoretical, because I don't think
> anyone wants to branch right now. Now we just say: get prepared for the
> branching.

Before reading the following, please note that I'm not objecting to
defer the branching now. The followings are just correction of the
reasoning.

You seem missing the problem of deferring the branching; it prohibits
work in trunk which are not expected to be in the release coming soon.
For example, a major new feature, a feature or fix which needs long
testing period.

In jEdit 4.3pre era, the worse happened. Some features and changes were
intermittently made in trunk and some of them turned the trunk not
suitable for a stable release because of their incompleteness.

To differ the branch, we should be able to assume that such problems
won't happen.

However, we can defer the branching now because no major change nor
challenging fix are not likely planned. I assume you also have this
feeling. And we should say: stop committing major change and fix bugs.

I said that in 4.3pre era but it didn't come true at that time, and
finally I made doc/release-procedure.txt ... But now it seems possible
because of the recent low number of active core developers.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Alan Ezust-3
Administrator
I asked Daniel Spiewak 2 times via 2 different e-mail addresses for
permission to publish his scala mode and he didn't reply at all. So I
am assuming his silence means "it's ok". If he changes his mind and
has a problem with the fact that is is now in jEdit, he can contact us
at any time and I will happily remove Scala edit mode from jEdit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Jarekczek
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kazutoshi Satoda
W dniu 04/28/2012 02:33 PM, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:

> Jarek Czekalski wrote:
>> W dniu 2012-04-27 02:25, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
>>>  Branching before bug fixes is a suggestion from this point of view.
>>>  Please take care of the balance. "If it takes long" is a rough example
>>>  of balancing.
>> By now the problem seems purely theoretical, because I don't think
>> anyone wants to branch right now. Now we just say: get prepared for the
>> branching.
>
> Before reading the following, please note that I'm not objecting to
> defer the branching now. The followings are just correction of the
> reasoning.
>
> You seem missing the problem of deferring the branching; it prohibits
> work in trunk which are not expected to be in the release coming soon.
> For example, a major new feature, a feature or fix which needs long
> testing period.
>
> In jEdit 4.3pre era, the worse happened. Some features and changes were
> intermittently made in trunk and some of them turned the trunk not
> suitable for a stable release because of their incompleteness.
>
> To differ the branch, we should be able to assume that such problems
> won't happen.
>
> However, we can defer the branching now because no major change nor
> challenging fix are not likely planned. I assume you also have this
> feeling. And we should say: stop committing major change and fix bugs.
>
> I said that in 4.3pre era but it didn't come true at that time, and
> finally I made doc/release-procedure.txt ... But now it seems possible
> because of the recent low number of active core developers.
Yes... Golden ages of the jedit. Then people didn't listen to you, now
there is almost no-one to talk to :)

Thanks for the explanations and a bit of history. Well said.

I think I will do what I plan to do before end of May. Let's have it
scheduled as a preliminary branching term. Unless one of you has a
different suggestion.

Jarek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kazutoshi Satoda
Kazutoshi Satoda wrote:
> We added the Scala mode which is published by Daniel Spiewak on his
> github without approval from him. (The patch was submitted by another
> person.)
>
> I found the archive and as far as I can see, the issue is still not
> resolved.
> http://jedit.9.n6.nabble.com/Re-jEdit-devel-jEdit-commits-SF-net-SVN-jedit-21313-jEdit-trunk-tp4566662p4566662.html

Finally, I got his approval via twitter.
http://twitter.com/djspiewak/status/196400470581968896

Now the issue is cleared.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Jarekczek
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jarekczek
I'm done with the things I really wanted to have in 5.0.

branching5 = new CountDownLatch(delayers.count);
branching5.countDown(); // Jarek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
Jarekczek wrote:
> I'm done with the things I really wanted to have in 5.0.

Would you please finish the issue about electricKeys in shellscript mode
before branching?

Except that, I don't remember blocking issues against branching from the
current trunk.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Matthieu Casanova
Administrator
2012/6/1 Kazutoshi Satoda <[hidden email]>
Jarekczek wrote:
> I'm done with the things I really wanted to have in 5.0.

Would you please finish the issue about electricKeys in shellscript mode
before branching?

Except that, I don't remember blocking issues against branching from the
current trunk.

In fact it seems that the .jedit folder is not moved as it should to the new Document & settings place for some users, I think it should be fixed too. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
Matthieu Casanova wrote:
> 2012/6/1 Kazutoshi Satoda<[hidden email]>
> In fact it seems that the .jedit folder is not moved as it should to the
> new Document&  settings place for some users, I think it should be fixed
> too.

Could you please give a link to the report?

If it is reproducible, please show the estimate of the fix. Otherwise,
I think we can branch leaving it in a tracker and gather more information
via pre-release.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kazutoshi Satoda
Hi Jarek,

I think I did the last minutes changes before branching;
r21753,21755,21756

Would you do the actual "svn copy -rXXXXX ^/trunk ^/branches/5.0.x" ?
Should I do that?

... ah, probably after getting some response from Jojaba or Matthieu.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jarekczek
Hi Vampire,

Would you please roll the pre-release of 5.0.x as soon as the branch
had been created?

The branch will be created soon, probably in a few days or a week. And
I'm afraid of you are not reachable these days as you have not appeared
on the list for a month. Please let us hear you are OK or not.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Jarekczek
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kazutoshi Satoda
W dniu 06/02/2012 09:05 PM, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
> Hi Jarek,
>
> I think I did the last minutes changes before branching;
> r21753,21755,21756
>
> Would you do the actual "svn copy -rXXXXX ^/trunk ^/branches/5.0.x" ?
> Should I do that?
>
> (...)
No, guys, let someone older do it :)
And clearing the changelog is the other thing to do here, I guess.

Jarek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
Jarek Czekalski wrote:
> W dniu 06/02/2012 09:05 PM, Kazutoshi Satoda pisze:
>>  Would you do the actual "svn copy -rXXXXX ^/trunk ^/branches/5.0.x" ?
>>  Should I do that?
>>
> No, guys, let someone older do it :)

OK. I'll make the branch.


Now for all developers and translators:
The tentative date is June 10.

I'll run:
$svn copy -rXXXXX -m 'Started the release branch for 5.0.x' ^/trunk ^/branches/5.0.x


I'm assuming another week is good for some developers who can work
only at weekends, assuming no one is going to commit major changes or
challenging fixes into trunk these days.

Please let me know if you have another idea.

> And clearing the changelog is the other thing to do here, I guess.

Yes. If you found something to clean up, please do that anytime. FYI,
CHANGES.txt and other docs under docs directory can be updated in the
release branch without merge process, and the trunk version will be
reset for 5.1.x soon after creating the branch.
--
k_satoda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kazutoshi Satoda
We seem have lost contact to Vampire again. I sent a ping via Skype
2 days ago but there is no response seen.  If someone have other way
to contact him, please try.

I think we can make the 5.0pre1 release without Package* and Release*
files even if the situation continues. In that case, probably we can
just pick the files from a daily build.

Kazutoshi Satoda wrote:
> Hi Vampire,
>
> Would you please roll the pre-release of 5.0.x as soon as the branch
> had been created?

--
k_satoda



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] branching 5

Kazutoshi Satoda
Administrator
Hi Eric (elberry),

Kazutoshi Satoda wrote:
> We seem have lost contact to Vampire again.
(snip)
> I think we can make the 5.0pre1 release without Package* and Release*
> files even if the situation continues. In that case, probably we can
> just pick the files from a daily build.

I'm assuming you can configure the build of jEdit_pre_release to point
the upcoming /branches/5.0.x shortly after I create it tomorrow.
http://www.tellurianring.com/projects/jedit-daily/?dir=jEdit_pre_release

Are you OK with that?
--
k_satoda



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
--
-----------------------------------------------
jEdit Developers' List
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-devel
12
Loading...