[ jEdit-devel ] Starting jedit on Windows using 'java -jar jedit.jar'

[ jEdit-devel ] Starting jedit on Windows using 'java -jar jedit.jar'

Edward Diener-2
When I start jedit on Windows using 'java -jar jedit.jar' I see in the
console windows the messages:

[0x7FEDCBFAAA0] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used
[0x7FEDCBE48C0] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used
[0x7FEDCBE54B0] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used

This does no seem to affect the running of jedit but I am interested if
anyone knows what this means ?

The version of java is 1.8.0_112.

Re: [ jEdit-devel ] Starting jedit on Windows using 'java -jar jedit.jar'

Jesse Pavel
It seems this error message occurs across a variety of applications, and is graphics driver related.

Try adding "-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false" to your command line to see if the error disappears.

~Jesse

On 1/5/2017 4:42 PM, Jesse Pavel wrote:
> -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

That worked and the error goes away. Thanks !