Some Windows Don't Close for Escape Key

George Hovey
Hi Forrest,

Some will close with the windows shortcut ALT+F4.  I, too, wish ESC
would work uniformly.

George Hovey

Re: Some Windows Don't Close for Escape Key

edoceo
+1 for closing hypersearch results with ESC or CTRL+W

/djb

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:31 AM, George Hovey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Forrest,
>
> Some will close with the windows shortcut ALT+F4.  I, too, wish ESC
> would work uniformly.
>
> George Hovey

Re: Some Windows Don't Close for Escape Key

FORREST EVANS
I hadn't noticed that one since I use the "XSearch" plugin for my searching requirements.  But I tried the built-in Jedit Search and the hypersearch window didn't close for me either.  Interestingly enough, the "XSearch" plugin's hypersearch window does close using the ESC key.

Thanks,
Forrest

Sent from my PC.

+1 for closing hypersearch results with ESC or CTRL+W

/djb

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:31 AM, George Hovey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Forrest,
>
> Some will close with the windows shortcut ALT+F4.  I, too, wish ESC
> would work uniformly.
>
> George Hovey

Re: Some Windows Don't Close for Escape Key

There is also the action "close current docking area" which I have bound to ESC.
That works most of the time for me.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM, FORREST EVANS <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hadn't noticed that one since I use the "XSearch" plugin for my searching requirements.  But I tried the built-in Jedit Search and the hypersearch window didn't close for me either.  Interestingly enough, the "XSearch" plugin's hypersearch window does close using the ESC key.

Re: Some Windows Don't Close for Escape Key

FORREST EVANS

I tried it, but it doesn’t work for me.

Thanks,

Forrest

Sent from my PC.

Re: Some Windows Don't Close for Escape Key

Robert Schwenn
FORREST EVANS wrote:

I tried it, but it doesn’t work for me.

Maybe something is wrong with Your installation of jEdit or Java? For me it works fine, too (WinXP, SUN Java 1.60_20, jEdit 4.3.2). Sometimes it works only when text area has focus (i.e. hypersearch window).

Robert