Hypersearch/Lucene Highlight Color

FORREST EVANS

Does anyone know how to change the highlight color for Hypersearch or the Lucene Plugin results?  For the life of me, I can’t figure it out.  I use an editor scheme with light text on a dark background and the highlight almost makes the text unreadable.

Thanks,

Forrest

Sent from my Dell Optiplex 760 PC with Windows XP Professional SP3 and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Xperia(TM) PLAY
And it wants your games.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-sfdev

Re: Hypersearch/Lucene Highlight Color

Dale Anson
Administrator
I think what you are looking for are the selection colors. You can set them under Utilities, Global Options, Text Area. Another option is to use the Editor Scheme plugin. There are several schemes that work well with dark backgrounds and it gives you a lot more control over the colors in jEdit.

Dale

2011/4/8 FORREST EVANS <[hidden email]>

Does anyone know how to change the highlight color for Hypersearch or the Lucene Plugin results?  For the life of me, I can’t figure it out.  I use an editor scheme with light text on a dark background and the highlight almost makes the text unreadable.

Thanks,

Forrest

Sent from my Dell Optiplex 760 PC with Windows XP Professional SP3 and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Xperia(TM) PLAY
And it wants your games.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-sfdev

Xperia(TM) PLAY
And it wants your games.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-sfdev

Re: Hypersearch/Lucene Highlight Color

Dale Anson
Administrator
The setting under Utilities, Global Options, Text Area, Single Selection is the one you want. If it doesn't work, would you send along your jEdit version, look and feel, and Editor Scheme scheme?

Thanks,

Dale

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:37 PM, FORREST EVANS <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried all the logical colors in both the Global Options, Text Area and the Editor Scheme Editor and none of them seem to have an effect on the color.

Thanks,

Forrest

Sent from my Dell Optiplex 760 PC with Windows XP Professional SP3 and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Re: Hypersearch/Lucene Highlight Color

Shlomy Reinstein

Are you referring to the highlight color inside the hypersearch / lucene-search results dockable window, or inside the text area?

Inside the hypersearch-results window, there area few buttons on the top right of the window. One of them has as a tooltip "Set Match Highlight Style" - it allows you to see how the matches will be highlighted in that window.

Inside the lucene-search-results window, the matches are highlighted according to the 'single selection color' of the text-area. This is the option Dale wrote - Utilities -> Global Options -> Text Area -> Single Selection. If that doesn't work for you, you might be using something else which interferes with it (e.g. Highlight plugin?).

Regards,
Shlomy

2011/4/9 FORREST EVANS <[hidden email]>

Does anyone know how to change the highlight color for Hypersearch or the Lucene Plugin results?  For the life of me, I can’t figure it out.  I use an editor scheme with light text on a dark background and the highlight almost makes the text unreadable.

Thanks,

Forrest

Sent from my Dell Optiplex 760 PC with Windows XP Professional SP3 and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Xperia(TM) PLAY
And it wants your games.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-sfdev

Xperia(TM) PLAY
And it wants your games.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-sfdev

Re: Hypersearch/Lucene Highlight Color

Dale Anson
Administrator
Ah, good question. I assumed he meant the text area.

Dale

2011/4/8 Shlomy Reinstein <[hidden email]>

Hi,

[...]

Well, I confused the two properties - the hypersearch match highlight color and the single selection color in the text area. So now you know how to configure the match color, that's good. I didn't add it to the Global Options dialog because it's too window-specific (it shouldn't go under "Text area" because it's not related to the text area).
Can you explain a bit about the "write to buffer" feature of XSearch? I am not familiar with XSearch. If it's about sending the search results to a buffer, then you have a macro to do that, under Macros -> Misc -> Hypersearch Results to Buffer (and also the opposite, Buffer to Hypersearch Results, which is useful if you want to filter out some matches and then keep only the filtered list in the dockable). You can bind a shortcut key or a toolbar button to the macro.

Regards,
Shlomy

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM, FORREST EVANS <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

No problem.  If it showed up somewhere in the Editor Scheme, that would be nice.  The Editor Scheme editor has tabs for the various pieces of Jedit.

The built-in hypersearch allows you to copy a node to the clipboard, but I like the format of XSearch a little better.  Here’s an example of the output of the “Write node to buffer” function in XSearch:

Hypersearch report written on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 PM CDT

     Results for search item: "restore_system_settings"

     Used search parameters for search term:  restore_system_settings  (case insensitive)

     Search file set type current buffer

     Matched file:   sys_defaults.cpp (C:\Projects\SCM_5K\Software_E07\prov_item\src\)

           line 30: // restore_system_settings() - restore system settings to factory-default

           line 37: void restore_system_settings(int imagic, NV_PROV_CLASS_DFLT_MODE mode)

           line 50: // restore_system_settings_OnStartup() - restore system settings to factory-default

           line 57: void restore_system_settings_OnStartup(int imagic)

     Number of occurrences: 5

     Total of 5 occurrences found in 1 files

Total of 1 search results reported

End of report

XSearch also gives you a few more search options, like whole word and searching in/out of comments.

[...]

Forrester Wave Report - Recovery time is now measured in hours and minutes
not days. Key insights are discussed in the 2010 Forrester Wave Report as
part of an in-depth evaluation of disaster recovery service providers.
Forrester found the best-in-class provider in terms of services and vision.
Read this report now!  http://p.sf.net/sfu/ibm-webcastpromo