Added more Jedit superAbbrevs snippets for ruby and rails

Added more Jedit superAbbrevs snippets for ruby and rails

Jim Morris-2
Hi,

I ported over the rest of the ruby and rails snippets from textmate to superAbbrevs abbreviations.

The download link is on my blog entry about it.

http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2006/11/24/jedit-ruby-rails-snippets-or-superabbrevs

Also I have created a bunch of macros related to ruby and rails for Jedit, they are in this blog post..

http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2006/11/21/jedit-textmate-for-the-rest-of-us

The macros are:-

toggle_controller_view.bsh  - Toggles between the controller and its view

expand_hash.bsh - Expands # to #{} inside quotes

select_super_abbrev.bsh - this one is a doozy, it takes a part of an abbreviation and pops up a
dialog with all the matching abbrevs, and allows you to select which one you actually want, good for
those of us who have trouble remembering 200+ abbreviations. It also allows you to expand an
abbreviation from any other mode without switching buffer modes. This is for SuperAbbrevs only, and
the current beta version of it, not the released version.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com

Re: Added more Jedit superAbbrevs snippets for ruby and rails

charlesroper
Jim Morris-2 wrote
I ported over the rest of the ruby and rails snippets from textmate to superAbbrevs abbreviations.
Hey Jim, awesome work. I took the liberty of mentioning your stuff to Peter Cooper, author of the  Ruby Inside blog (http://www.rubyinside.com) and he gave your macros and abbrevs, and jEdit in general, a big mention:

http://www.rubyinside.com/jedit-now-a-solid-cross-platform-ruby-ide-too-311.html

On the subject of macros, I've created a couple that help to integrate the excellent Cheat RubyGem (http://cheat.errtheblog.com/) into jEdit. Find 'em here:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~charlesr/jedit/cheat_macros.zip

Charles